Monday, June 13, 2011

Online learning. CEP 811 Due June 13th

The best part of this assignment was to realize that because of this program, I am being exposed to a lot of online learning experiences that I can use in my classroom. These technologies are essential for the maximum optimal learning experiences in the 21st century. I think that it is absolutely necessary that these technologies are incorporated in the classroom as much as possible because of the various resources that are made available to students through the internet and the ability to communicate with so many individuals. The technology that I use the most often is Webquests. I believe Webquests have numerous pedagogical strategies and reach all learning styles. I utilize them often because they allow students to work at a pace that they are comfortable with; they provide numerous animations and feedback. I use Webquests in my Biology, Earth Science and Health classes. After this class, I have a rubric that allows me to evaluate which ones are suitable to reach all learning styles and are the most effective.

Technologies that I believe would be harder to use in my current situation are podcasts and video conferencing. My school does not have the tools to support this online learning experience. I wonder how my students would handle this experience if it was available. I see video conferencing etiquette and space being a concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment