Sunday, June 19, 2011

Personal Learning Reflection: CEP DUE June 19th

Some things that I have learned about effective teaching strategies when integrating technology include the use of UDL principles, which allow educators to create maximum learning experiences for all learning styles and various presentation forums that add variety to delivering content. It is important to use various teaching methods and to evaluate lesson plans so that all students’ learning needs are being met. By using various methods for delivery and critiquing lesson plans students learning potential is increased.

Integrating the Internet helped me evaluate uses of technology by providing ways to search for vast amounts of information. It helped me evaluate technology by following fellow educators and learning how they use technology in their classrooms, creating an RSS feed gave me access to update information about the technologies that exist and allowing me to search to research how social media influences positive learning experience in the classroom. The internet allows for more information to be processed quicker and for educators to share materials and lesson plans that they have created.

T he assignment that I have turned in that really exemplifies good teaching with technology was the SIG presentation. Our group did an excellent job presenting information that we acquired through Google Presentation. We added appropriate graphics and images that illustrated and supported the purpose of our presentation. We utilized Google Docs so that collaboration was increased and had a Works Cited page that was linked to Diigo, where we were able to post our resources.

I have met my goals that were established in my Personal Growth Plan. My first goal was to learn the different forums of collaboration that I can incorporate into my classroom. My SIG group focused on social networking. We researched all of the positive ways Facebook and Twitter can be implemented into lesson plans and the classroom. I feel that increased collaboration between the students and teachers and amongst students themselves allows for increased learning.

My second goal was to increase my skills in using technology. Coming into this class I have very little exposure to Twitter, RSS feed pages, Creative Commons etc. All of this exposure has increased my level of skills and knowledge of technology. It has also increased my interest and allowed me to be a first hand witness to how successful technology can be in the classroom if used the appropriate way.

After this course, I definitely have new goals. I want to incorporate all of the items that I was introduced to in this course in my classroom. I want to continue to take technology courses so that I can go from a basic user to an advanced user. I think that technology is wonderful and essential for our students in this global community that we have created!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you will get three comments or just this one. It seems that every time I clicked the post comment, it said something wasn't complete. What I said before, and may be repeating myself was that I was impressed with how you have woven the things you learned in 811 and 812 together in this final reflection. You have worked hard and gained some confidence working with technology. I know you will have good success as you start to implement these new technologies in your classroom. Remember not to try to do it all at once. Take small steps and apply the principles you learned in our classes. I am glad that I was able to get to know you and learn from you as well.

    ReplyDelete