Tuesday, May 24, 2011

810 PC Maintenance and Security Lab: Due May 24th

In the PC Maintenance and Security Lab I watched three different tutorials about computer security. The firs tutorial I viewed was the one about Google and changing the preferences for a “safe search” It walked you through how you can change a few settings to make sure that explicit text and explicit images do not pop up in an internet search. I think this is an awesome tool for parents who have young children working on the internet for assignments or even just being on the internet for enjoyment. I know firsthand that I have been on the internet before, performing searches and some unpleasant images popped up. This is the tutorial that I will be sharing with others because I believe it is a great way for parents to protect their children from images and texts that they do not want them to be exposed too. I was surprised how simple it is.

The second tutorial is using Karen’s replicator as a free file back up. Everyone should know about this. I am always worried that something is going to happen to my computer and I am going to lose all of my pictures and documents I need for school. I have downloaded this program yet but the tutorial made it seem real simple. I think more people need to know about this free tool and I will definitely be sharing it. This was a surprise to me, I always that these programs were expensive and hard to navigate.

The third tutorial I viewed was demonstrating Spybot’s Tea Timer intrusion detection. This program was a little hard for me to follow the first time. I think that idea is great! I want to be able to know if there is an intrusion on my computer. This tutorial seems helpful and I will be revisiting it.

Great Lab! I learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment